afroFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

afroFORUM

In the year after Colony 195, the afroCLAN founded a place to gather, the last bastion of hope on the Interbuttz. That place is the afroFORUM.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Literature

Go down 
+2
The Paranoid Android
8bitCHAOS
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
The Paranoid Android
Administrator
The Paranoid Android

Male Number of posts : 1068
Weapon of Choice : I love that song...
Archenemies : none, thanks.
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Literature - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:21 am

That actually does sound really cool. I mean, it sounds kinda TTGL in that she's supposed to blow up the world or whatever but somebody saves her because they don't want her to die and she finds a way to not blow up the world, thus rendering the prophecy BS in the first place. Which just creates a weird paradox that fucks up the whole idea of the story in the first place. However, as I said, it does sound pretty cool. And it could be really great depending on how it's wirtten.

I guess I should introduce my book (s) too.

1. Wuthering Heights - It's a romance novel about a rich girl who loves a poor kid taken in by her father. It has some seriously touching parts, and very realistic characters. By realistic, I mean they're all assholes in one way or another.
For example:

Lockwood: shows up uninvited to people's houses and then won't leave

Catherine: Stays over at other people's houses for months leaving Heathcliffe at the mercy of her older brother.

Catherine's brother and his wife: Condescending bitch and abusive asshole who is (at least kinda) understandably mad at Heathcliffe

Catherine and Heathcliffe's dad: Yeah he picked up Heathcliffe fro the street and brought him into their home, but he abandoned his own kids in so doing. Once told Catherine he couldn't love her because she misbehaved too much and sent her off in tears to ask God's forgiveness (she was 11 or so)

2. Rurouni Kenshin - Romantic tales of the Meiji period. Really kinda cool so far. Moderately funny but not really so much. Lots of moral-fag swordfights with lame bad guys. But Kenshin's an interesting character, especially if you saw Samurai X. I like it partially because I'm learning a lot about the Bakumatsu and the Meiji government from it, which is not what I expected.

3. Cromartie High School - Freddie Mercury and a gorilla are both main characters. Fucking hilarious. Seriously funnier than GTO which made me almost shit a few times.

4. Moster - Haven't started reading it yet, will tomorrow. Basically, a neurosurgeon on the rise in Germany saves a little kid who has been shot in the head instead of the mayor of his town because he thinks the Mayor is in the clear and they kid'll die unless he goes immediately. The kid lives, the Mayor dies. The hospital fires him, and his wife leaves him. Soon murderes start happening around him that all seem to point toward him as the culprit and the kid he saved dissappears. Tenma goes running all around the country trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with the kid.
Back to top Go down
http://ukelelenogood.blogspot.com
Wintermute is dead

Wintermute is dead

Male Number of posts : 647
Weapon of Choice : Low Orbit Ion Cannon
Archenemies : Red Team

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Actually, she does destroy the world in a sense.

And I don't really have much to say about the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Paranoid Android
Administrator
The Paranoid Android

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm

She blows it up in a sense, but does she actually blow it up? Does everyone die? No.
Back to top Go down
Wintermute is dead

Wintermute is dead

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Well... No, I guess not. I'm still kinda pissed they only translated three on the thirteen books, I was really looking forward to reading all thirteen.
Back to top Go down
The Paranoid Android
Administrator
The Paranoid Android

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I know what you mean, but maybe you could read some other light novels? NHK maybe? Just a suggestion.

In other news, I just finished all 630-ish pages of Battle Royale this morning. Shit was fucking epic. The movie wasn't nearly as good, but that's kinda an unfair comparison to begin with. To quote Stephen King: "an insanely good pulp riff".
Back to top Go down
Wintermute is dead

Wintermute is dead

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 pm

If you'll lend me NHK then I'll read it, I want more to read but am kinda tight on cash right now.

Did you read 630 pages this morning..?
Back to top Go down
The Paranoid Android
Administrator
The Paranoid Android

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:34 am

No, I finished around 570 over the weekend, and killed the last 60 this morning.

And try to borrow Nathan's copy of NHK, his is in worse condition than mine, and as such, should be the lending copy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Literature
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
afroFORUM :: the afroCAVE-
Jump to: